I must admit that after I checked that all soldered wiring worked, I managed to break loose a connection when I was reassembling everything so that is one thing that will need fixing.
When I tried my original idea of attaching the ceiling cover over the wires with velcro I found that it was too thick so I redid it using double sided tape.
The photo shows the completed ceiling made from textured wallpaper and the hanging lights have been carefully inserted through holes. Not shown are the flattened bell caps used to add the finishing touch.
I finally slid the completed floor into the slot and checked the lighting. That was where one wire was disconnected - the wiring for the lights on the outside patio.
Next the front of the building was completed with a printed sign for the shoppe. I spent a bit of time trying to find my original print but finally redid it. (one of the disadvantages of being a Goddess of Chaos!) The panel will eventually be hinged using the tube hinge shown in an earlier blog post, but for the show it was left loose and partially opened.
It was time to take it to the art center for the exhibit! After all was installed I took a number of photos on opening night and when I realized there wasn't adequate lighting to see all the back areas of the building, someone suggested propping the removable top open and that was the perfect solution.
|Cellar with oven lit|
|The parlor area before opening the roof|